Tuesday, May 3, 2011

You light my fire, MATCHBOOK MAGAZINE!

Seriously awesomely creative, fun, carefree, and full of whimsy, this magazine strums my little girl heartstrings and thrills my happy-go-lucky adult half.  If you happen across this post and you feel inclined to check out the link, you will probably find yourself longing for the opening week of each month so that you can scour the playful, innovative writing and view the equally fun photos in each month's edition.  Full of style regarding decor and dress, as well as classic personalities (last month featured Ella Fitzgerald) and books I admire as an English teacher, it's pretty much THE magazine that has my name written all over it on every single page.  I bet you'll feel similarly.  While I wish they had printed versions as I am a serial magazine chopper and gluer (into my journal and various art projects), I do appreciate and admire Matchbook's use of technology and expression of modernity.  If you're in the mood to read a magazine that channels Kate Spade-ish fun in its style of expression, pick one up.  Check it out, Issue 4, hot off the presses.  (And, while you're at it, dig deep into the archives to read issues 1-3.)  Feast your eyes on Matchbook Mag right here!

2 comments:

  1. So touched to read this! You are too sweet! Thank you for reading -- hope you love issue 5 as well :)

    xx Katie

    ReplyDelete