Monday, May 2, 2011

My Secret Weapon



Ok, I formerly swore up and down in countless beauty polls that the one make-up product without which I would never leave the house was a sweep of mascara.  However, one multi-tasker that never fails to make me look and feel my very best has pushed that mascara to the side, at least for my most minimalist face days--Benefit's Benetint.  Just swiping the little paint brush on my apples, a swipe on my forehead, and a dab on my nose and chin, then blending does the trick.  A simple swipe or dab and blend lasts ALL day and into the night.  The color looks natural and beautifully noticeable all at once.  For a more dramatic look, I always put one extra dab right in the center of my cheeks after I've blended the first time.  Then I just blot the drop in with my finger tips rather than blend.  Last but not least, for a more complete look, I swipe a coat (or two in the evening hours) onto my lips.   I'm also in love with the rosy scent (reminiscent of Rosy Rose Petal, a childhood friend some of you may remember).  I will never, ever be able to say enough about the glow I get from this charming glass jar.  $28.00 will get you a bottle that lasts a year (and counting) even with daily use.  As a Sephora-obsessed shopper (to which my make-up drawer can attest), I've tried MANY stains--Tarte, Urban Decay to name two, and nothing comes at all close to this magical potion! Out of all of my greatest make-up lessons and purchased products, I count this as my number one, a product that I will use until I'm a little old lady, or even then!  While it's been out for ages, a new shade, Poppy, has joined forces with the original.  I've yet to try it because I seriously doubt I can love anything else as much as I love this classic.  What do you ladies think?  Has anyone ever tried it?  What are some beauty products that have stolen your hearts?
To add this product to your make-up bag, click here!

2 comments:

  1. what IS this? a foundation? or more like a blush?

    http://bottleblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does the job of a high-power staying blush. It's a thin, transparent liquid, but adds a lot of color. It can also be applied to the lips for a long-staying wash of color. I ADORE it, and I live in it. I'm telling you the glow that you get from it is JUST perfect!

    ReplyDelete